Sunday 5 January 2014

Fish Tank

Fish Tank is a 2009 British drama film that follows 15 year old Mia as she deals with her dysfunctional family.  It is set on an East London estate and also follows Mia's love for breakdancing. 

In my opinion, I didn't enjoy this film very much, I didn't really see the appeal to teenagers, there were some plot holes that bothered me. For example I didn't understand why Mia's mother's boyfriend would date her mum and have sex with Mia behind her back when all that time he had a wife and daughter. It didn't make any sense to me. 

I also felt the film didn't have enough backstory to add to the characters, the script had a lot of subtext which I found difficult to work with as when I started thinking about one scene, the film was ahead of itself. 

Nonetheless I enjoyed the locations in the film and if my group and I were to make an opening based on something similar then Fish Tank would be a good film to use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment